Caribbean Grilled Mango Salsa
2 large ripe mangoes, chopped
1 red Bermuda onion, chargrilled and sliced
1 red bell pepper diced into 1/8″ pieces
1 8oz. can pineapple chunks, diced
¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
⅛ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1 tbs. Lawhorn’s Signature Seasonings
8 tbs. mango jam
4 tbs. sweet Thai chili sauce with garlic
1 tbs. hoisin sauce
- Skin and slice the onion into 1/2″ slices and lightly season both sides with Lawhorn’s Signature Seasonings.
- Grill over a high flame for 2-3 minutes or until they develop a nice char on both sides.
- Put the onions in the freezer on a flat surface to chill quickly before chopping into 1/8″ pieces.
- While the onion is cooling, peel and dice the mango into ¼” cubes. Dice the bell pepper into ⅛” pieces.
- Finely chop the cilantro and parsley, squeezing out the extra moisture of the parsley in a rag or paper towel.
- Remove onion from the freezer and dice into ⅛” pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl together and serve alone or over grilled chicken, pork or fish.
For more heat, add more hoisin sauce or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper to taste.