Lawhorn’s Swiss Steak
1 Tbs Lawhorn’s Signature Seasoning Original Blend
1 Tbs Lawhorn’s Signature Seasoning Hickory Blend
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 pounds round steak
3 Tbs vegetable oil
3 stalks of celery, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
3 medium carrots, shredded
2 cans of diced tomatoes with juice
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs brown sugar, or to taste
- Cut the round steak into pieces about the size the palm of your hand.
- In a shallow bowl, mix your dry ingredients together and lightly coat the round steak pieces.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the celery, onion and carrots for 5 minutes, or until the celery is tender. Remove the vegetables from the heat and lightly brown the round steak.
- Place the vegetables and steak in a slow cooker. Add in the diced tomatoes with the juice, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar.
- Cover and cook 8 to 10 hours on Low, until the round steak can be cut with a fork.