- 2 lbs ground venison
- 8oz. pork chop or pork butt, small diced
- 3 slices of bacon, diced
- 2 Vidalia onions, coarse chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, coarse chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 small cans diced green chilies
- 2 large cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can beans (recommended: light red kidney beans)
- ¼ cup bacon fat
- 4-5 tbs. Lawhorn’s Signature Seasonings
- ¼ cup chili powder
- ⅛ cup ground cumin
- 1 tbs. freshly ground black pepper
- Saute the onion, garlic, pork, bacon & bell pepper over medium-high heat until the mixture starts to brown.
- Add the venison, green chiles and spices and cook until venison is brown.
- Add tomatoes and beans, turn heat down to low and simmer for one hour, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add additional Lawhorn’s Signature Seasoning to taste. Simmer for 2-3 hours for best results.
Substitute ground chuck or pork for venison. For more heat, add 2-3 seeded and diced jalapeños in with the sautéed veggies. For a finer mixture, finely chop the pepper and onion. Add extra tomatoes, tomato sauce or tomato paste for a bean-free chili. If the chili gets too thick, thin it down with pork stock or chicken stock. Serve topped with shredded sharp cheddar and sliced green onions.